- Jean provides keynotes at national and local conferences, on a range of topics from the Pupil Premium to communication and language, parental engagement, and special educatioal needs.
- She is one of Oxford University Press' 'experts'; she speaks at their events around the country and has written publications and made films on parental engagement and the Pupil Premium for
- She is an adviser to the Big Lottery's 'A Better Start' ten-year programme to support children's development from conception to age three.
- She is a founding trustee of the Early Intervention Foundation and works with them on parenting and 'character' development
- She is a Trustee of the children's communication charity ICAN and is currently chairing 'Bercow Ten Years On', an independent review of services for children with speech, language and